Security and PrivacyMadeira London
We use reasonable security methods to protect the data that resides on our servers. However, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our servers, nor can we guarantee that information that users supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
We use Internet standard encryption technology (“SSL” or “Secure Socket Layer” technology) to encode personal data that you send to us through the Enquiry form and other forms used through the Website. SSL works by using a private key to encrypt data that’s transferred over the SSL connection. To check that you are in a secure area of the Website before sending personal data to us, please look at the bottom right of your website browser and check that it displays an image of a closed padlock or an unbroken key.
However, please note that whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard the personal data that you provide to us, no transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed secure. Consequently, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data that you transfer over the Internet to us.
When does this policy apply?
This policy applies to the personal data that MADEIRA collects and holds about you when you use its websites and/or other services. MADEIRA’s websites and services include:
– The Madeira Retail Shops; and
– The Telephone Sales Line.
What types of personal data do we hold?
Information we hold about you may include any one or more of the following types of data:
- Account information: When you register to use or engage with any of MADEIRA’s goods and/or services, the minimum information we will usually ask you to provide is your name, email address, telephone number, trading information, invoice information and registered information. We may also ask you for additional information depending on the service you are registering to use.
- Transactional information: When you purchase products from MADEIRA Websites or any offline sales channels, we will keep a record of your transaction, including what you purchased and when, and any information you provide to us to fulfil the transaction. This may include your name, billing information, telephone number, and delivery address. We will not keep payment card information, except for the last four digits of your payment card number which we keep in case there are any payment disputes or we need to issue a refund.
- Information you provide to us in response to a survey: We may occasionally contact you to ask for your feedback on MADEIRA products, goods and/or services so that we can make them better and more relevant.
- Information you post online: We may hold and use information and/or user generated content which you post on MADEIRA Websites.
- Information from other companies: We may use publicly available postal address lists and the edited electoral roll to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate or we may use this information, together with general market research information.
The purposes for which we use your information
- Contract performance: MADEIRA may use account information and transactional information data, as necessary, to carry out or perform any contract which you may have entered into with us and when we administer your online or offline accounts. We also use this information to communicate with you and handle your enquiries regarding these contracts. If you order MADEIRA goods, products or services for another person we may ask you for their personal information and we will use this to provide the services you have ordered. Please ensure that you have their permission before providing this information to MADEIRA.
- Recruitment: If you apply for a job with MADEIRA we may use your information for the purposes of recruitment and selection, corresponding with you and equal opportunities monitoring.
- Legal obligations: MADEIRA retains records of all of its financial transactions with you in order to comply with its legal obligations to maintain adequate accounting records. MADEIRA may use (and disclose) the information it holds about you in order to comply with any investigative demand, court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency.
- Marketing with your consent: If you consent to it, MADEIRA may contact you with news and offers from MADEIRA and its and partners (an up-to-date list of which we think may be of interest to you). You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. If you would like to unsubscribe now, please contact email@example.com
- Other legitimate purposes: MADEIRA analyses information it holds about you to identify trends and preferences and to get a more informed picture of how MADEIRA customers are using its products and services. MADEIRA does this to make better strategic decisions about MADEIRA and its products and services so that it can improve the way it markets and provides products to you as an individual and to MADEIRA’s customer base generally, in particular by delivering content and services which are customised and relevant. MADEIRA may also use online usage information to administer and improve the function and content of the MADEIRA Websites and the Madeira App including to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device and browser, to allow you to participate in interactive features when you choose to do so and to keep our online services safe and secure.
Disclosure of your information
- Our companies: Information held by MADEIRA may be used by our companies for the purposes set out in this policy.
- Disclosures for legal reasons: MADEIRA may also disclose the information it holds about you to those persons that have a reasonable need to know such information, if it believes in good faith that this is necessary to: (i) establish, exercise or enforce its legal rights, including contractual rights; (ii) to defend itself against a legal claim; (iii) report a crime or prevent a crime (for example theft); (iv) prevent harm to any individual or any property (including intellectual property, for example if you misuse images or videos or any other content MADEIRA makes available to you); or (iv) to prevent fraud (for example, payment card fraud) or for credit risk reduction.
- Business transfer: If MADEIRA sells or buys any business or assets, your personal data may be disclosed to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets so that they can carry out due diligence in respect of the sale or purchase, but only if MADEIRA has taken reasonable steps to ensure the security and confidentiality of that information. If MADEIRA (or substantially all of its assets) is acquired by a third party, personal data held about customer’s or users of its goods, products or services will be one of the transferred assets.
How long do we keep your information?
- its financial transactions with you for at least six years in order to comply with its obligations to maintain adequate accounting records;
- its contracts with you for at least six years so that it has appropriate evidence in place if there is a claim for breach of contract made within the statutory limitation periods;
- job applications for up to six months in case other suitable opportunities arise;
- your account information until you close or delete your account/profile (at which point we would also delete any information from other companies or market research which we have appended to your account/profile);
- any market research we have undertaken (and which is not appended to your user account) for 3 years;
- any other information you post online for 3 years if it is on MADEIRA Websites; and
- online usage information for 3 years.
If any information falls into more than one category then the longer storage period will apply.
You have the right under applicable data protection laws to access information held about you and you can do so by contacting us using the details provided below in this policy. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with applicable data protection laws. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
You have several rights under applicable data protection laws, which we’ve summarised below. These rights can be exercised by contacting MADEIRA using the details given below in this policy.
You have the right to:
- ask us not to process your personal data for direct marketing purposes;
- request access to personal information held about you and a copy of it;
- obtain, without undue delay, the rectification of inaccurate or incomplete personal data;
- obtain, without undue delay, erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances, for example if MADEIRA’s processing of your personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which we collected it;
- restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances rather than having it erased;
- object to the processing of, personal data in certain circumstances, for example, where MADEIRA’s processes personal data for legitimate purposes but you do not feel that your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms have been protected;
- receive personal data, which you have provided to MADEIRA, in a structured, commonly-used and machine-readable format and transmit that personal data to another data controller, or have MADEIRA do so on your behalf where technically feasible;
- be informed about any use of your personal data to make automated decisions about you, and to obtain meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of this processing; and
- lodge a complaint about the way in which your personal data is being used to a supervisory authority.
Our business, products and services we provide from time-to-time are not specifically targeted at children. However we would therefore ask that parents and guardians supervise their children when they are online and that children under 18 do not submit personal information or content to MADEIRA, make purchases of MADEIRA goods, products or services, or take part in MADEIRA promotions or competitions, without the consent of their parent or guardian.
How you can contact us
If you would like to contact MADEIRA about this policy or any of the legal rights outlined in it, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to MADEIRA at Unit 1-2 Linford Street London SW8 4UN.